What you can do
- Join Seymour Lake Association
- Join Janet Selby’s Group of Invasive Species Searchers. Jan will train you; it’s quick and easy! Email Janet at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Become a VIP (Vermont Invasive Patroller). Contact Janet (email@example.com) or Peggy (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn how.
- Septic Systems need regular attention; learn how to care for your septic system.
- Learn to recognize land based invasive species such as phragmites and Japanese knotweed.
- Volunteer to have your property evaluated by Lake Wise. Contact any water quality Committee member to learn how.
- Maintain a good mix of native trees, shrubs, herbaceous plants and duff on most of your lake shore.
Ecological Solutions is a very simple but complete listing of what you can do to help Seymour Lake – see the information below.